LEAF 2013 - A Journey of Discovery!

Take the LEAF 2013 Food Survey

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The "Facts of Life" Through Rou Rou's Eye's

Fact of Life Concept: Most energy driving the ecological cycles flows from the sun.

1. My interpretation: All living things on earth depend on the sun.
2. I think it is important for people to know what they actually depend on for life.
3. There are many ways to utilize the sun’s strength to help us. Some ways include drying, heat, and lighting.  In other developing countries it would be helpful to know how to capture the sun to light homes at night or to heat a hospital. In the U.S we use solar energy but we also use a lot of oil and electricity. If we could figure out how to use more solar energy perhaps we could stop using oil, gas, electricity.

Organic:

1. Organic means something is grown without pesticides and is natural. 
2. I think it is important for people to know this concept because might help people make better, healthier food choices.

3. I already make good food choices because I support local farmers. My family only buys organic food when it is an option. I am also a vegetarian and a pescatarian and I do not eat any meat. I only eat sustainable fish and organic fruit and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment